An FTP Server for your android device.
This program allows you to run an ftp server on your android device. This means that any other computer/device can access the files on your android device while the ftp server is running. For example, entering 'ftp://...' in the firefox url bar will allow you to browse the files on your device from a desktop pc or a laptop.
By default, the user name and password are both 'ftp', you should change them. You use this user name and password when accessing the server.
For power and security reasons, it is recommended that the server be stopped after use.
* Complete and efficient FTP Server
* Implements advanced FTP features like UTF8, MDTM and MFMT
* Implements Bonjour/DNS-SD for easy service discovery
* Configuration of chroot directory possible (default sdcard)
* Configuration of port possible (default 2121)
* Possible to keep running while screen off
* Runs on local network, even when tethering (phone is the access point)
* Has public intents to support scripting:
* Follows Holo interface guidelines, looks good on phone/tablet/tv/...
* Uses notification to remind user that the server is running
* Easy starting/stopping server from settings
* Has widget to ease starting/stopping server
FTP Server is open source software released under the GPL v3.
Current maintainer: Pieter Pareit.
Initial development: Dave Revell.
Version 2.9 (6/8/2014)
+ Japanese translation (Thanks Naofumi!)
+ Connection while tethering
+ MFMT command extension (modify modify time)
Version 2.8 (7/3/2014)
* Default directory is now the sdcard (only works on new installs)
+ Implement DNS_SD (adds service discovery for ftp)
+ Implement MDTM (report date/time of files on server)
Version 2.7 (26/12/2013):
* Move to sdk 4.4 (min supported sdk 4.0)
* Improve strings
+ Added a simple widget