This is NOT an emulator and games are not included!!!
Before badly rating this app, read the support wiki or contact me if you have any problem.
The Gamesome Frontend is the first emulation frontend for Android!
This app will keep your roms organized, all you have to do is put your roms in separate folders - one for each console - and Gamesome Frontend will do the magic for you! Gamesome will identify each game in your collection*, download its cover, title and some further information. Once the scan is complete, you can view your collection in two different ways: as a grid of boxarts or as a list, with a side panel containing game informations. You can even search a game through your collection by title.
What makes Gamesome great, is its capability to launch your games with your favorite emulator**! One unique and fancy interface will handle all your games!
Since version 1.05.1 the app is developed on a Nvidia Shield kindly offered by Nvidia USA itself, and future updates will enhance controller support!
List of supported platforms and emulators:***
- Atari 2600 (A2600.EMU, RetroArch, Ataroid)
- Atary Lynx (RetroArch)
- Bandai Wonderswan/Color (RetroArch)
- Colecovision/MSX (MSX.EMU)
- Commodore 64 (C64.EMU)
- M.A.M.E. (RetroArch)
- Nintendo (NES.EMU, RetroArch, NESoid)
- Nintendo 64 (Mupen64AE+, Mupen64AE+ free, Supern64, RetroArch, N64oid)
- Nintendo DS (DraStic, RetroArch)
- Nintendo Game Boy/Color (GBC.EMU, RetroArch, GBCoid)
- Nintendo Game Boy Advance (GBA.EMU,My Boy!, My Boy! Free, RetroArch, GBAoid)
- Nintendo Virtual Boy (RetroArch)
- Super Nintendo (Snes9x EX+, SuperGNES, SuperGNES lite, RetroArch, SNESoid)
- Sega Dreamcast (Reicast)
- Sega Game Gear (RetroArch, Gearoid)
- Sega Master System (RetroArch, Gearoid)
- Sega Mega Drive (MD.EMU, RetroArch, Gensoid)
- SNK NeoGeo (NEO.EMU, RetroArch)
- SNK NeoGeo Pocket/Color (NGP.EMU, RetroArch)
- Sony PlayStation (ePSXe, RetroArch)
- Sony PSP (PPSSPP)
- Turbografx 16 (PCE.EMU, RetroArch)
IMPORTANT: Games and emulators are not included in this app. I also am not supporting or endorsing any of the software above.
Support Wiki (work in progress): http://wiki.gamesomeapp.com
*: The identification mechanism can identify most of the officially released games for each platform.
**: Gamesome Frontend supports almost all emulators (check the list above).
***: The compatibility list might change, some emulators might be added, but also removed if they are no more compatible, I do not take any responsibility for this.
All the logos, products, and company names mentioned above are trademarks of their respective owners and subject to their own copyright laws, Foreign or Domestic. Gamesome Frontend Emulator is not endorsing either supporting them in any way.
Full version history here: http://wiki.gamesomeapp.com/index.php/Version_History
-App is now developed on a Nvidia Shield kindly offered by Nvidia USA itself.
-Fixed crashes in PSX and PSP scan
-New settings: Hide/show game title and region in game browser grid. Launch games with a simple tap
-Dreamcast: enabled automatic identification (testing). Only gdi roms need to be in a separate folder now.
-Data editor: users can perform a manual game search by title besides custom metadata insertion.