+++ New - Garmin HUD+ Europe +++
Important Note: This app only works with a Garmin HUD+ device. For further information, please see below notes and visit also www.garmin.com/hudplus. After installing the app, you must download the maps and system files over WiFi before you can use it.
The Garmin HUD app provides detailed navigation information to your Garmin HUD+ device so it can project turn-by-turn directions and more right onto your windshield for easy viewing while driving. To use the app, you must pair your phone with your Garmin HUD+ device via Bluetooth®. Once paired, the Garmin HUD app transforms into a full-featured navigation app, including the following features:
• Voice-guided turn-by-turn directions
• Millions of preloaded points of interest including gas stations, restaurants and other businesses
• Maps install to your device, so wireless coverage isn’t required
• Includes free map updates (one map update per year)
• Lane Assist/Active lane assistant
• Reality View Pro
• MyRoutes calculates up to three routes in parallel
• Integrated red light and speed camera databases (1)
• Knows your current speed and posted speed limit (for most major roads)
• Current and forecasted weather conditions
Upgrade with optional in-app purchases:
• Traffic Live - Live traffic updates and alerts (2)
• Sound & 3D - Voice guidance with spoken street names and Panorama View 3D
• Urban Guidance - Public transport routing (2)
• Mobile Alert Live (2)
HERE (former Navteq) map coverage:
Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Kosovo, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican City
1) Includes fixed location cameras.
2) This service requires a data connection. Depending on your data plan, use of this app may incur charges.
3) The application requires registering on first start. This requires a small amount of data to be sent and my incur charges (approximately 25kb).
4) After installation of the app, you need to download maps and system files via WiFi. The free memory required can be up to 2.3GB depending on your selected maps. Please make sure that you have a stable WiFi connection for download (> 30 min.) and sufficient memory available.
5) After the first and each subsequent connection to your HUD+ device, this app can also be used without the HUD+ device for up to 30 days. You must reconnect your Garmin HUD+ device to the app at the latest after this period.
6) Continued use of GPS running in the background can strongly decrease battery life.
kw: Garmin, Navigon, HUD, HUD+, navigation, directions, maps
Latest update (22/12/2014, version 5.3.0):
- Bug fixes