Update 2013/11/11: Bug which came with the previous update is fixed now.
Thanks for your responses. I'm still working to improve the stability.
Update 2013/11/08: Improved stability and bugfixes.
Swipe form the left to the right side to remove an entry (song, sound etc.) to in a list.
Gear Roadie is the ultimate tool to control a musician's midi gear.
Just forget complicated sound managing and step dances on your floorboard. Concentrate on the essential while playing your instrument: to rock!
Gear Roadie switches your whole midi equipment to the right preset with just one touch of a button.
- Control multiple devices with just one button.
- Manage your sounds, songs and set lists with your Android device.
- No more step dances on you floorboard. 4 Buttons are enough: Next Sound, previous sound, next song, previous song.
- You like to improvise and fixed set lists are too static for your style? Define "Direct Access"-sounds: Put sounds on free buttons of your foot pedal and switch to them whenever you want to. Another press on the button and you are back on the previous position of your set.
- Save your settings local or in your Dropbox account.
And how does it work?
- To control your equipment use a customary midi interface and connect it to your Android device with the help of an USB-OTG cable.
- At first connect and configure your midi floorboard. By using a midi learn function Gear Roadie detects, which program change command your pedal sends.
- Set up your midi devices you want to control. That means your amp, effect devices and everything else you want to control.
- Define sounds, which tell Gear Roadie, which program change command should be sent to which device.
- Set up your songs and determine the order of their sounds.
- Create set lists, which you can perform in the live mode.
- Just rock!
Gear Roadie is optimized for tablets, but also works on smartphones. By the possibility of syncing multiple devices with the help of Dropbox you have your settings always with you.
Maybe I will release a smartphone-optimized version in future.
At last I want to apologize for crashes and errors. I tried to fix all errors. Nevertheless, if you have a problem, just write me an e-mail and I'll fix it.
If you want to try my app before buying it: There is a demo version in Google Play. It supports all features the full version has except of saving your data.