"Lots of relaxing fun. you can become absorbed in the endlessly changing patterns and colors and allow them to rest your mind. An aid to meditation. I highly recommend this app."
"... create awesome art with just a few strokes of color! ..." [fun app! April 24, 2013, Amazon App Store Purchase]
"If you love geometry and you love color, you will love this app! When starting the app, it begins with one of the configurations, which builds on itself and grows until you exit or, by swiping the screen in any direction, you begin a new configuration. Totally mesmerizing!" [Mesmerizing Jan 13, 2013, Amazon App Store Purchase]
"... relax[es] your mind after a long day of serious thinking and ciphering." [Eye Delight, June 16, 2014, Amazon App Store Purchase]
REASONS TO PURCHASE THIS APP:
- Easy controls.
- Beautiful designs
- The Other apps in the app store that are similar (kaleidoscope, Spin Art, Fireworks, Spirograph, Tripping App, Mandala Generator) have nice patterns, but were made ahead of time by the developer or an artist using the same math as Geometrics. With Geometrics, you are the creator, discoverer, artist, and mathematician.
- Advanced users can set the equation properties manually.
- Images can be saved to your device.
A polar graph represents a math equation where the distance [r] from the center of the graph is determined by an equation. [r=1 is a circle. r=sin(angle) makes loops]
Normally you start the angle from 0 and go all the way around to 360 degrees incrementing by some small amount. When you skip faster around the circle in a regular interval (say every 80 degrees), you get something interesting. A Maurer Rose http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maurer_rose
Geometrics takes this maurer rose idea and puts you in control of the design:
The amount to skip, and a multiplier for the angle (to determine how many petals your maurer rose will have).
DESCRIPTION OF CONTROLS:
1. Swipe left or right - Restart the pattern changing the number of "flower petals"
2. Swiping up and down - Restart the pattern changing the "amount of skip"
3. Pressing and holding - Cycle through 3 trigonometric math functions (single sin equation, multiple sin equations, and a tan equation)
FIXED: App can now save images to all devices.