GeoTask is a location based task management App for Android. Each task is associated with a geographical location, and the user is sent a reminder/notification when he's within range of tasks location. GeoTask is highly integrated with Google Calendar - all tasks are created on an existing calendar in Google Calendar, and can be viewed online from anywhere. In addition, any tasks that are created on Google Calendar will show up in GeoTask, and you can attach a 'location' to it to get notifications by geographic location.
1) Google Calendar Integration
- All tasks are stored in an existing Google Calendar associated with your Google Account.
- When creating a new task, you are prompted to choose which calendar you want to create the task (Google Calendar event) on.
- Additionally tasks created in Google Calendar (created from anywhere online) will appear in GeoTask.
2) Map Centric UI:
- The main view is a map that shows all your tasks at different locations.
- All funcitons can be accessed directly from the map.
- Ex: A long press on the map creates a new task at that location, and clicking on a task displays the task name, description and location address.
3) Multiple reminder and notification settings.
- All the notification and reminder options that are available in Google Calendar are available in GeoTask
- You can choose to turn off notifications during certain periods of the day.
4) Task and Location Categories
- Tasks can be classified as Personal, Work or Study.
- Locations can be categorized into Generic, Residence, Shop, Restaurant and Office
5) Tasks can have different priorities (Low - blue, Medium - green, High - red)
6) Locations can have different notification radii
7) Users can obtain directions to a location by clicking the Navigate button.
We have made certain constraints for the trial, but not affect you experience all the major function we provide in GeoTask. Here are the constraints for the Trial version:
1) For the locations, there are only FIVE locations to add. In case you need add more, you have to delete one before the creation.
2) The locations don't have the category setting. All of them will go the default category "Generic" after the creation.
3) For each task, only ONE location can be attached.
4) The navigation function is DISABLED in the trial version.
** The trial version will go for a week, to do the beta test and receive the user feedback. The OFFICIAL version will be on the air after ONE week.
Enjoy the app!
- Bugs fixed
- Re-write the service code and location detection strategy
- optimize the loading of main map