Get Point is an application for professionals and amateurs who need to record coordinates in an aggregated manner and then study the results on Google Earth.
Get Point also lets you record an entire route by foot or by car to also evaluate the result in Google's desktop application.
Ideal for professionals such as surveyors and geographers while a field work, but can also be used for fun, to mark their places of travels or visits.
This is a work in progress and was developed in order to learn the Android platform and also bring the public a quality tool. Any suggestion is welcome. Please send comments by e-mail.
- Groups of coordinates. A group can be a trip, a specific job, etc.;
- Marking of points within a group of coordinated, allowing to name the point;
- Record a route, letting you set the interval between recordings of the points, also allowing to name the route recorded;
- Sending points (KML file and Google Maps link) or route records (KML file) by e-mail;
- Quickly view a recorded point on Maps without having to export to the desktop;
- Export all records in the group to a KML file to later be viewed on Google Earth;
- You can export/import your database avoiding losing your information if you upgrade or replace your device;
- And more.
1.8.6 - Fixed small issues.
1.8.5 - Fixed issue using Android 2.3.
1.8.4 - Fixed error while generating KMZ.
1.8.3 - Android's API has changed lot's of internal stuffs. I'm trying to fix all of that changes. My apologies.
- Fixed issue using UTM view;
- Fixed issue while recording a path.
- Bug fixes;
- My location: show the user location;
- User manual;
- Select folter to generate KMZ or CSV;
- Now you can see the marks of the group in a single map.