ChatSecure is a free and open source messaging app that features OTR encryption over XMPP. You can connect to your existing accounts on Facebook or Google, create new accounts on public XMPP servers (including via Tor), or even connect to your own server for extra security.
Unlike other apps that keep you stuck in their walled garden, ChatSecure is fully interoperable with other clients that support OTR and XMPP, such as Adium, Jitsi, and more.
ChatSecure only uses well-known open source cryptographic libraries to keep your conversations private. Other apps may make claims about "military grade" security but, without publicly auditable source code and verifiable end-to-end encryption, you cannot be truly safe.
* XMPP with TLS certificate pinning.
* OTR for verifiable end-to-end encryption and forward secrecy.
* Tor to help bypass restrictive firewalls.
* SQLCipher to locally encrypt conversation logs.
★ Free and Open Source ★
We believe in the power of free and open source software. The full source code to the iOS and Android apps is available on GitHub.
Want to get involved? Feel free to send us a pull request, request a feature or report a bug!
* fixes github issue #699 for multiple resend of postponed messages
* ensure the locale/language is properly set for the app
* fix top crashes
View full changelog here: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/guardianproject/ChatSecureAndroid/master/CHANGELOG