The essence of Vedic literature.
Gitabase allows you to have a portable vedabase on your device and quickly lookup, SEARCH and bookmark texts (sanskrit, transliteration, translation, purport) from the following books:
1. Bhagavad Gita As It Is (1972 edition)
2. Bhagavad Gita As It Is
3. Srimad Bhagavatam
4. Sri Caitanya Caritamrita
5. Teachings of Lord Caitanya
6. Nectar of Devotion
7. Nectar of Instruction
8. Teachings of Queen Kunti
9. Sri Brahma Samhita
10. Sri Isopanishad
11. Mukunda mala stotra
12 Narada Bhakti Sutra
13 Srila Prabhupada Letters by date
14 Srila Prabhupada Letters by topic
It also allows you to have most of these books in Russian language.
This app is completely FREE and does not have any advertising in it. If you like Gitabase, please visit http://gitabase.com and make a small paypal donation to say thanks :) from the bottom of your heart.
This is an essential tool for every serious scholar as it allows you to read shlokas separately from purports (so that you are not distracted), bookmark reading progress separately for each book, keep track of questions you might ask later, add your notes to the texts and tag important shlokas by topic.
Instant search allows you to quickly find all the occurrences of a search term(s) in a shloka, purport or sanskrit.
Gitabase downloads the texts database (56 Mb) containing all the books from private server on application install.
Please note that Gitabase requires at least 300Mb of available disk space to be installed.
If you like this app, please like its facebook page http://facebook.com/gitabase and/or if you are not a FB user, please share this page using Google Play's share menu in the top right corner.
The app offers the following features:
1. Bookmark position in text or in chapter. Long press on the book in the library tab allows to open the bookmarked position.
2. Favorite texts / selected fragments / questions / named bookmarks. User can select a fragment of text and add a question to it/highlight it/bookmark it
3. Tagging anything from feature 2.
4. Links to other texts. For example in the Srimad Bhagavatam purports Srila Prabhupada often references to Bhagavad Gita. To open the BG text you can touch on the link to it if the Gitabase is not currently in the text selection mode. To switch modes use the Jagannath menu in the left top corner of the screen.
5. Sharing texts on the Facebook and other social media.
This was one of the reasons why this app was created.
Please share while you read!
6. Quick search on all the books and on any particular book.
You can search separately in shlokas, purports and sanskrit
7. The app allows to have texts in both Russian and English and it has "translate" button which can open the same text in different language. This is quite handy for all the Russian speaking devotees who is living outside of Russian speaking countries.
To activate this function one should manually copy over the second language database to your phone or tablet.
Please refer to the http://gitabase.com for downloads and instructions
8. Read BG or SB chapters in Sanskrit.
9. Backup/restore of your notes/bokkmarks
1.Added "Report error in text", "Night Mode" and "Notes List" menu items to the Jagannath menu of the text screen
2.Added arrows to the header of the text screen to go to the next or previous text
3.Added command to rename a tag in the list of tags
4.Fixed some bugs about having notes both in english and in russian version of scriptures