Widgets for Gmail is an easy to use collection of beautiful home screen widgets in a variety of sizes - from icons to full screen widgets - that show an unread count of email, SMS / text messages and calls as well as previews (sender, subject and content). It can aggregate messages from different sources into a unified (combined) inbox.
Lots of widgets show you the unread count, but this is the only one that shows you the content of these messages are and who they are from.
Unlike some of the other widgets on Google Play, this app works with the latest version of the Gmail app. It does not require third party apps like K-9, nor logins and passwords. It just works!
Review of an older version on TalkAndroid: http://www.talkandroid.com/100486-get-a-cool-gmail-widget-for-your-android-smartphone-available-on-the-google-play-store-video/#more-100486
- NEW: Quickly preview and deal with your mail from the widget - no need to open Gmail to reply, mark as read, archive, delete or view attachments.
- Automatic updates on older Gmail versions - on the latest version, please use the refresh button!
- Previews - shows the first lines of the message in addition to sender and subject (depending on size) on the widget
- Supports different labels (e.g. Priority Inbox, Starred, and custom labels) from several accounts, even on the same widget (Unified Inbox)
- Customisable appearance through themes and colors
- Different sizes to choose from, including scrollable, resizable stack and list widgets
- Option to show SMS / text messages and missed calls
- When you perform actions on your new mail, these may not be reflected immediately on the widget unless you press the refresh button in Gmail and on the widget.
- It may take up to 30 seconds for the widget to refresh the first time or after a reboot. During this time it may not look like anything is happening. Please be patient.
- If you don't see the widgets in your widget list, reboot your device to make them appear
- On older versions of Android only a subset of the functionality is available.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Gmail before you install this. If you update Gmail at a later stage, reinstall the widgets.
We are constantly striving to perfect our products and to achieve customer satisfaction. If you would like to get in touch, please use the forum at http://katzoft.userecho.com/
▬ Reviewed on
▬ and others!
Sometimes it is necessary to remove and re-add the widgets after an update!
6.2: View and action on messages directly from the widget. Also bugfixes and performance improvements.
6.1: Bugfixes and performance improvements.
6.0: You asked - you got it! View all your threads, not only unread ones. Please add a new set of widgets to take advantage of this.