Go Read is a FREE accessible ebook reader for people with print disabilities. Go Read is directly linked to the Bookshare library, letting you find, download, and read Bookshare books within seconds. You can use Go Read with or without TalkBack and enjoy reading Bookshare books with useful features that make reading accessible to people with visual, physical and learning disabilities.
This version of Go Read allows readers to:
- Read on-the-go with a variety of Android tablets and phones (Android 4.0–4.0.2 Ice Cream Sandwich or above, API level 14)
- Access and download books directly from Bookshare, the world’s largest accessible online library for people with print disabilities
- Read with voiced navigation and text-to-speech
- Read books in DAISY 3 text and EPUB 2 formats, including those with images and image descriptions
- Use the new menu options to make use of more of the functions that Go Read offers
To access Bookshare content, readers must have a qualifying print disability and have an active Bookshare membership. Go Read supports both individual and organizational Bookshare memberships. To learn more about Bookshare, visit www.bookshare.org
Go Read is developed by Benetech, a nonprofit technology developer, and is based on the open source FBReader (www.fbr.org). Developers are invited to contribute to the future development of Go Read and can get more information at www.goread.org
To share your ideas, or give your feedback, please send an email to: [email protected]
Now you can access Reading Lists from your Bookshare account with Go Read!
Go Read interface now comes in Spanish, too!