The fastest and most multi-format dictionary app on the market. Fully supports Lingvo, Babylon, StarDict, Lingoes and Dictd dictionary files. Articles shown with full formatting, colors, images and sounds. Lookups are blazing fast. You can now carry all the dictionaries you want together with you on your Android device!
Note: the app is a shell and comes with no dictionaries, much like a music player does not come with music. You use the files you already have, or the ones you can get on the internet.
* Lingoes .LD2 files
* Babylon .BGL files
* ABBYY Lingvo .LSD, .DSL, .LSA and .DAT files
* StarDict files
* Dictd files
* Hunspell .AFF/.DIC morphology files
Just copy those files on your SD card, in the GoldenDict directory!
* All content is shown in full formatting, with images and sounds. We don't compromise on quality.
* It's fast. It flies when you have a dozen of dictionaries, and can handle hundreds of dictionaries simultaneously fairly well, too.
* The program will understand your typing no matter how you do it - forget about diacritics, case or punctuation!
* In-program popup mode is supported. Configure your e-book reader to use "ColorDict 3" as your dictionary interface, and GoldenDict will pop up.
* Translating from clipboard is easy - just press and hold "Search" button on your device!
* WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - to create index files for your dictionaries
* WAKE_LOCK - to ensure you phone doesn't sleep while indexing is in progress (it's a one-time operation)
* INTERNET, PHONE_STATE - to show ads
This is a free, ad-sponsored version. The number of active dictionaries is limited to 5. Buy the paid version for ad-free unlimited dictionaries experience. If you want to test-drive the paid version, you can buy it and and then get a refund within two weeks, no questions asked. See paid version description for more information.
SUPPORT: If you have any difficulty or problem, instead of leaving negative review, write an email to [email protected]
, and we'll sort out everything. Enjoy!
1.6.2: New Holo styled user interface for Android 4.x.
1.6.0: Search history can now be saved to a text file;
Improved detection of the words touched in the article text.
1.5.9: History size is now configurable;
Fixed external SD card support on Android 4.4 KitKat.
1.5.8: The user interface is now hardware-accelerated.
If you experience text reflow issues on KitKat, try disabling zoom controls in Preferences.