Gesture typing for Chinese is available now!
The Google Pinyin Input is an input method optimized for typing Chinese on Android.
The app offers a variety of methods for fast and easy input of Chinese characters.
- QWERTY keyboard with gesture typing and intelligent correction (new)
- Fuzzy pinyin (new)
- Optimized UI for different screen sizes
- 9 key keyboard
- Latin keyboard
- Voice input
- Handwriting input
The app supports both simplified and traditional Chinese characters, as well as punctuation, emoticons, Latin characters and digits. Voice input is network-based in order to provide highly accurate matches.
Note: To be used on your Android device, the IME must be enabled in "Settings" → "Language & keyboard settings".
For typing Cantonese, you could download the Google Cantonese Input:
For typing traditional Chinese by Zhuyin or Cangjie, you could download the Google Zhuyin Input:
Changes in 3.2.1:
- Adds ellipsis back into long press bubble of period key
- Adds Enter key back when inputting in short message box
- Better gesture input accuracy
- Some other bugfixes
New features in 3.2.0:
- Supports popular shuangpin schemes
- Gesture input on pinyin 9 key keyboard
- Emoji keyboard on Android 4.4 or newer
- Better prediction quality
- Multiple characters recognition on handwriting keyboard
- Adds an option to hide language switch key