Gosmore is an off-line viewer for OpenStreetMap (OSM).
* 2D and 3D view
* Incremental searching of most names and OSM tags. For example, searching for 'restaurant' will yield the 40 closest restaurants with their names and distances.
* Routing with automatic route recalculation. Advanced tags like turn restrictions are obeyed.
* Download a city, state or country once and use it forever. Avoid roaming charges by downloading while connected to WiFi. If the connection is interrupted, the application will automatically retry until the download is complete.
* Compile your own maps with our open source tools. Add elevation contours and other details.
* Before using the application you will have to download between 200 and 400 MB of data to your SD card.
* 384 MB or more RAM required.
* Optimized for smaller displays. Text is too small and rendering is too slow on larger devices.
* Occasional crashes
* No house number search
* Coastlines are drawn incorrectly
* Text and icons appear and disappear (flash).
* Missing features. For example speed display and track recording.
* Limited documentation and support.
* Data is updated only once every 3 weeks.
Warning: Do not operate the application while driving. Always obey all traffic rules.
Initial port to Android.
Rendering of oceans.
Text is now more readable.