GovHK Notifications provides citizens a convenient way to receive Government information and alerts with smartphones. Users would be able to choose their preferred types of Government notifications to receive.
Major functions include:
● Receive notification messages from the Government of Hong Kong SAR;
● Select categories of messages they are interested to receive; and
● Share notification messages via SMS, email, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
● Notification messages are sent to mobile devices (with GovHK Notifications installed) through Google cloud services, namely Android Cloud to Device Messaging (C2DM) / Google Cloud Messaging for Android (GCM) for Android OS devices. Successful or timely reception of notification messages through their cloud services is not guaranteed by Google.
● Using GovHK Notifications, data transmission fees may be incurred for transmitting data through mobile devices. You are suggested keeping track of data usage from time to time. You may temporarily suspend receiving alerts before you travel abroad, if required.
● This app operates on Android version 2.2 or above.
New features for MyGovHK users:
- Association with MyGovHK account
- New message folder to receive notifications from MyGovHK