How many GPS satellites are overhead and what is the satellite signal strength ? This is a frequent USE CASE in the following situations :-
1. You are indoors
2. Phone is taking too long to get location
3. No clear sky
The widgets in this app will show the number of visible GPS satellites and the mean signal strength. Now you will be able to predict whether you are likely to get a location fix. Depending upon the number of satellites and signal strength you can take the decision to move around to a more open area.
Remember that it takes at least 3 to 4 satellites before you can receive location fix.
Additionally the number of satellites having ephemeris and almanac data in addition to accuracy is also available.
Almanac(Imprecise) and Ephemeris(Precise) are satellite data cached in the GPS engine. The almanac data validity is in months. The ephemeris data gets invalidated in a few hours. If you get more satellites with valid ephemeris then you will quickly get location fixes with good accuracy.
Once the widget confirms location availability that means the GPS Engine is updated with the latest almanac and ephemeris data and you can open the main app like Maps or whatever you want to use to get immediate location.
V2 Widgets [New] - The V2 widgets have a different scheme and a circular display the outer circle represents the satellites. The inner circle is the average signal strength.
Operation:- Tap the widget to start it. It will run for the duration you set in the app and stop automatically. This is a battery saving measure. If you want to stop before it auto stops just tap it again.
1. No of satellites
2. Mean GPS signal strength(SNR)
3. No of satellites with valid Almanac
4. No of satellites with valid Ephemeris
5. Accuracy in meters
6. Color and Schemes
8. Vibrate on Fix
9. Stop on fix
Premium Features(Inapp Purchase):-
2. Tones on Fix and Fix Lost
3. Notification Color change on Fix and Fix Lost
4. 10 Color Schemes [New]
1. After installation if you cant see the widget in the list of widgets just change the orientation of the device while the list of widgets is opened. This will refresh the widgets list. Also do not move the app to SDCard because Android does not support widgets in removable storage.
2. The version 4.0 series of the app are only compatible with Android 4.1 and above. Previous version users will get the pre Ver 4.0 series without the V2 Widget.
3. The V2 and legacy widgets cannot be used at the same time. If you want to use V2 widgets then uninstall Legacy widgets and vice versa.
- Crash fix
- New Resizable V2 Widgets
- Almanac validity
- Ephemeris validity
- Freed some of the premium features
- Added additional premium features Fix tones and Notification color change