The best GPS Toggle Widget. It just turns GPS off or on with one click.
NOTICE: You may need to reboot after adding widget with root method
• It works on all Froyo (Android 2.2) or earlier phones.
• Works on rooted phones even when the other methods (that other widgets use) don't work.
• If you can't use either of the above methods, then you can use the 2-click, which is still much faster than opening the settings manually.
• When GPS is turned on/off through status bar/system settings, or another application, widget automatically updates. Works on all Gingerbread (2.3) and above phones. May not work on Froyo (2.2) and before due to Android limitations.
Note: You must have an sdcard (internal or external) to enable the root method. After enabling the "Root" method for the first time, you may need to reboot the phone.
Please also note that it may not work on some rooted phones because root-related methods are not always consistent.
If it does not work, please do not leave a bad rating. Instead contact me at [email protected]
telling me your device name, model number, and Android version, and I'll do everything I can to help.
If you want information about rooting, look at my website: http://android.jakar.co/rooting.html
•The location permission is required to check your GPS status (whether it is on or off).
•The modify files on sd card is because to enable the root method, I have to temporarily write files to your SD card which I delete immediately after.
• This version is ad free. But the other permissions are used for ads in the free version, and this version is a copy of the free version (just ads are dynamically removed).
Bug fix for GPS toggle failure with root method
4 different icon choices
Widget updates when gps is turned off/on trough another method on Gingerbread and newer devices.