Live GPS Tracking for your Android that YOU control.
Full control over battery usage as well so you can leave the app on knowing that it will not kill your battery, unlike most other GPS/location apps that keep GPS on all the time and drain your battery.
This app and the accompanying GPSLive! Viewer on the web allow your family, friends and anyone you choose to track your location in realtime. They can access your realtime location on a PC, iPod, IPad, or any web-enabled smartphone.
You are fully in control of who knows where you are and when.
The basic idea is pretty simple:
- You create a GPSLive! channel
- You set how long you want to be tracked and with what accuracy
- You start transmitting on your channel
- You can turn off the transmission at any time or extend the duration of your transmission
- You can even send single-shot pings whenever you choose
- Your channel id is randomly assigned and is assigned to you for as long as you want.
- If you give your channel id to someone that you don't want to be able to track you again, simply create a new channel id.
- Share via email, sms, Facebook, Twitter, and many other social media apps already installed on your device.
- Location Visible/Hidden toggle to hide or keep last location visible even after channel has been turned off.