GPS Test displays real-time information for satellites in view of your device. A vital open-source test tool for platform engineers, developers, and power users, GPS Test can also assist users in understanding why their GPS is or isn't working.
Start/stop monitoring via the on/off switch. After a latitude and longitude has been acquired, you can share your location using the Share button.
• GPS (USA Navstar)
• GLONASS (Russia)
• QZSS (Japan)
• BeiDou/COMPASS (China)
GLONASS satellites are shown as squares on the Sky view, U.S. NAVSTAR satellites are shown as circles, QZSS satellites are shown as triangles, and BeiDou satellites are shown as pentagons.
• Inject Time - Injects Time assistance data for GPS into the platform, using information from a Network Time Protocol (NTP) server
• Inject XTRA Data - Injects XTRA assistance data for GPS into the platform, using information from a XTRA server (see http://goo.gl/3RjWX for details on gpsOneXTRA)
• Clear Aiding Data - Clears all assistance data used for GPS, including NTP and XTRA data (Note: if you select this option to fix broken GPS on your device, for GPS to work again you may need to ‘Inject Time’ and ‘Inject XTRA’ data)
• Settings - Change map tile type, auto-start GPS on startup, minimum time and distance between GPS updates, keep screen on.
Open-source on Github:
See our FAQ:
GPSTest discussion forum:
Nostalgic for old releases? Don't have Google Play Services on your device? Download old versions here:
Requires Google Play Services for the Android Maps v2.0.
Want to measure the *true* accuracy of your GPS?
Check out GPS Benchmark:
• Added support for BeiDou/COMPASS (Chinese satellite system)
• Fixed PRN range for QZSS (Japanese satellite system)