Stop wasting, start tasting! Join our superhero Herocery in the battle to reduce grocery wastage through the discovery of new and innovative recipes. GroceryHero reminds you of the expiration dates of groceries in your store whilst enabling the discovery innovative recipes based on these ingredients.
Milk, Egg and Cheese = Spanish Omelette, Frittata, Cheddar Scones, Carrot Cake Pancakes... to name a few! Search over 1 million recipes via the ingredients in your store.
In the United States conservative estimates put the total consumer grocery wastage bill at $180Bn per year, an average of $2,270 per 4 person household. In the UK, up to a quarter of the £10Bn cost of food wastage is due directly to the lack of utilisation of groceries before their expiration date. This is the tip of the iceberg with with the issue being compounded worldwide, it's time we act!
- Simple, quick and easy to use interface
- Scan and STORE feature to add groceries with barcodes, quick add items used before
- Store items without barcodes (i.e. fruit and veg or leftovers)
- Discover new and innovate recipes based on the grocery ingredients in your store
- Be reminded of the expiration dates of stored grocery items
- Organise your grocery items between your fridge, freezer and pantry
- Get estimated nutrition information for selected recipes (i.e. Energy (KCAL), Cholesterol, Sugar, Protein) per serving
- Get yield and preparation time for selection recipes
- Email selected recipes
- Tweet your recipe activity
- Earn 'Hero Credit' for doing the right thing!
- Fixed recipe search crash bug