"Ground Miles - walking your way to health and wellbeing"
Free and simple to use, Ground Miles is designed to encourage and support you to walk more. Powered by health expertise from Bupa, Ground Miles will help you get walking whether you walk to look good, feel great, or just to get outdoors. Ground Miles turns your smartphone into your very own personal walking tracker, featuring:
Track your activity
- Track your indoor and outdoor walking - your distance and also your pace across three simple levels: active, walk and run
- Track your daily, weekly and total walking distances in miles or kilometres
- Get walking to earn visible and surprise badges as you reach your goals (and burn calories!)
- New Ground Miles badges* are added regularly, including unique badges for the casual walker, the early morning riser, and those who walk in their local park. *Some badges require GPS
Walk together and stay social
- Join or create virtual walking groups with friends or family anywhere in the world and see your collective miles accumulate
- Share your badges and walking milestones with friends via social media including Facebook and Twitter
Tailor and monitor your walking goals
- Set your own daily or weekly goals
- Use the interactive in-App map, using your phone's native map functionality, to see where you could walk to reach your goal
- Receive personalised motivation cards based on your walking routine
Personalise your experience
- Enter your age, height, weight, gender and step length for a more personalised experience (but not required before you get going)
- Personalise your Ground Miles app background by using your favourite photo - or add any amazing sights you see while walking
For more info visit:
*Due to device and OS compatibility issues with running the accelerometer in the background, this app will only work on OS 4.0 and above.
A new 'My Progress' section has been developed with three exciting features to keep you healthy and walking more:
How old is your heart age? Find out your heart age by answering a few simple questions which have been developed using world-class heart expertise.
Earn 'heart weeks' by walking more and see how you are improving your heart age over 8 weeks.
See your walking activity over time - the last 7 days, 4 weeks or 8 weeks and see how this compares to the goals you have set.