Group Bulletin Board allows you to create Bulletin Boards where you can post text, pictures and drawings. You can share these with anyone in the world with an Android Device OR by using www.GroupBulletinBoard.com
You control access to your Board by (optionally) creating a password for the Board so only those you choose can see and Post. In addition, you can configure the board to notify you when a post is made – just like a ‘text’! The app can send invites to your friends using email so that they can join you board easily!
Create a Board for items such as:
- Clubs! Have a social club, a league or an athletic team? Create a Board for the group giving a central place to share meeting times, results and pictures of the action!
- Relatives! Create a board for Relatives to post on and share pictures and commentary. This is an easy way for everyone to keep in touch without sharing with the entire world!
- Special Events! Have a special event such as a sporting event, birthday party or simply a ‘night on the town’? Let people know where you are in a single place so that anyone can find you without having to respond to endless texts or phone calls.
- Vacation. Going on vacation with a group of people? Have a central area where everyone can post where they are, where to meet, and when they’ll be back. Even post pictures of interesting things you see!
- Private place for special friend or spouse. Have a private area where you can share pictures and text with only the person you want. Better than texting as you can add posts and look at the board from other places than just your phone.
- Memories. Keep it for only yourself where you can post pictures, drawings or text about events that you want to look at later.
The possibilities are endless.
You are NOT required to provide any personal information – you can simply create a Board and tell anyone who you want to access the Board the name of the Board. You can optionally add a password to the Board so that only those people who you give the password to can access the Board.
You can post messages, pictures and even drawings on your Bulletin Board! As the owner of the Board, you can remove posts from other people and even remove members if they are causing problems!
You can now configure the app to notify you when someone Posts! You can have your device vibrate, play a short ringtone or a notify you in your status bar when someone Posts. This is especially valuable when the board is used as a private place for friends and family.
It’s free, fast and easy. To create your first Board, you only need to enter a name for the Board and you are ready to go!
There are a several permissions required. Most have been added to support the notification feature. Here is a list of the permissions and what we use them for.
INTERNET - used to transfer and receive Posts.
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - used to cache pictures (if enabled) to your memory card.
BILLING - used if you want to do an in-app purchase to remove ads.
ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - used for Google Analytics which helps us make it better!
VIBRATE - used to Vibrate device if you select that mode of notification.
GET_ACCOUNTS, WAKE_LOCK, C2D_MESSAGE- used by Google Cloud Messaging to notify your device of a post.
You can Post and read posts from our website at www.GroupBulletinBoard.com. This means your friends without an Android device can still read and Post!
The app can generate an email to invite your friends easily to your Board. The directions are in the email - if the have the app installed already - they only have to open the attachment on their android device or click the link at the website.