Groupboard is a free collaborative whiteboard (drawing board), allowing you to draw and chat in real time with other people anywhere on the internet, even with users using a web browser or an iPhone/iPad. Use it for online tutoring, collaborative design, or just for fun!
Simple to use - simply start the app and then draw on the screen by dragging your finger. Use two fingers (pinch gesture) to zoom in or out and scroll. Click the Connect tab to connect with other people.
Features include the ability to change colors, shapes, line width, and upload photos which you can then draw on. Log in as administrator for the ability to ban users and delete pictures.
When you first launch the app it will automatically create your own free Groupboard which allows you to connect to 5 other people. 15- and 50-user Groupboards are also available, starting at $9.99/month. Groupboard Designer provides a more advanced whiteboard with features such as infinite whiteboard size, multiple pages and the ability to upload documents, starting at $19.99/month. Once you have set up your own Groupboard you can access it from a web browser by clicking on a link, or from an iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android device using the app. You can also embed your Groupboard in your own web page if you wish. Note that the free boards may include adverts.
- Real-time multi-user shared whiteboard: when other users are connected to the same Groupboard everyone will see what other users are drawing instantly
- Pinch (2 fingers) to scroll/zoom (infinite scroll/zoom when connected to Groupboard Designer)
- Shake to clear
- Upload images or doc/xls/ppt/pdf documents from your phone (document upload requires a Groupboard Designer board)
- Upload photos from your phone gallery or take a photo with the camera and draw on top of it
- Save to the Groupboard server or your phone gallery
- Multiple tools/colors, including alpha transparency
- Fully compatible with Groupboard and Groupboard Designer
- Infinite whiteboard size and multiple pages when connected to Groupboard Designer
- Undo when connected to Groupboard Designer
- Ability to select, move and delete objects in Groupboard Designer
- Optional eraser tool
- Log in as admin to ban users or delete pictures
- Compatible with hosted and enterprise (self-hosted) versions of Groupboard
- Bookmarks of previously connected boards (in the Connect tab)
- Find boards using the 'who's on now' and 'top 100 boards' and search buttons in the Connect tab
- Ability to launch the app from a url e.g. "groupboard://www.groupboard.com/1?name=bob&password=test&board_width=810&board_height=480" - replace 1 with your board id (name, password and board_width/height are optional)
If you get errors connecting to the server, you may have a firewall blocking the connection. Groupboard uses TCP/IP ports 41211 and 6144-6163. Alternatively you can enable firewall tunnelling in the "Connect" page.
For more help, view the FAQ: http://www.groupboard.com/support/mobile_faq.shtml
- Optional 'confirm exit'.
- Username of banned users now stored in banlist.