****************** Free Version ******************
GSM Droid is a useful tool for those who need to manage devices controlled by GSM modules that accept commands via SMS, DTMF (Dual-tone multi-frequency) or calls. These are some applications:
- Alarm unit
- Security Systems for home, car, etc.
- Home Automation
- Industrial Automation
- Smart metering
- Remote control systems
- Remote control of the answering machine
- Speed Dial for IVRs (Interactive Voice Response) and call center
This free version of GSM Droid allow you to:
- store only one set of commands (unlimited in the full version)for various GSM modules
- create only one device (unlimited in the full version) and assign each a different set of commands
- modify a command before sending
- make a phone call to GSM devices
- send DTMF tones (key sequences encoded in multi-frequency)
Other features are available only in the full version: password protection, archiving sms, backup database.
Touching "Settings" icon, you will see the configuration page. From here you can use the menu "Command Sets" to create or edit command sets, the menu "GSM Devices" to create or modify the devices you want to control, by entering a name for the device, the number of its sim card and a set of commands to use.
On setting the command, you can choose between SMS, DTMF or call.
To send the command simply select a device from the list of GSM devices and then the name given to the command to be sent. You can also change the command on the fly before sending it.
NB some IVR systems require a pause between two successive tones, in order to be processed. Just enter between one character and the other in the DTMF string, one or more commas. A comma inserts a pause of 2 seconds.
The application is compatible with all GSM systems, the following list of brands is as an example:
Cinterion, SIMCom, Bentel, Wavecom, Telit, Garmin, CEP, Telic, Huawei, Matrix, RF Solutions, Sierra Wireless, Fracarro, Eurogsm, Combimax, Trevis, Tecnoalarm, domotec, tervis, inim, friedland, ovislink, visonic, ontech, airlive, powermax, yale, honeywell, paradox, bosch, siemens, microwave, gemini, etc.
If you have suggestions for improving the application or bug reports, please contact me via e-mail
Key words: gsm, sms, dtmf, ivr, alarm, dialer, security, home, automation, remote, control, command, antitheft, burglar
- solved some bugs
- led from 6 to 10 the maximum number of storable commands
- added DTMF sending
- led from 2 to 6 the maximum number of storable commands