Gurbani Nirvaan is a humble effort to present a highly enriched app for Complete Gurbani reference to those who adore Gurbani, comprising banis from Shri Guru Granth Sahib ji, Vaaran Bhai Gurdas ji, Shri Dasam Granth Sahib and other Sacred texts.
Salient Features of the App:
• Efficient "Gurbani Search", search with wild cards, search can be performed in FOUR ways
- On Sentences typing first alphabet of the word in a sentence in Gurmukhi / English
- Word(s) and phrase(s) in Gurmukhi / English Translation.
• Bookmark and create Groups for direct access and reference of search resuts.
• Import / Export Bookmarks and re-order them by manually dragging them to desired position.
• "Read Gurbani" anywhere anytime with continuity while saving the current state of the Bani being read so that user can continue reading from the same "ang" after exiting the application.
• "Share Gurbani" via Facebook, Twitter, Emails, G+ etc.
• Swipe Navigation to next / previous "ang" for Touch enabled phones along with Menu option for non-touch phones.
• Home Screen will present you with something new to ponder upon every time you open the App, inspiring you to Read and Search Gurbani.
• Emphasize individual reading preferences from Gurmukhi, Hindi, Phonetic or English by dynamically adjusting the Font-Size.
• Customizable view preferences with Four Background themes, choose Dark themes to avoid Eye Strain and save Battery life for prolonged readings.
• Detailed Help included in the app.
Download Gurbani Files after installing the App, you can download all or selected banis. Gurbani Files are installed on the SDCard.
At most care has been taken while composing Gurbani still there is a chance for humble human errors, your support for pointing out the correction will be highly appreciated. Further Banis can also be introduced / updated in the Nitnem section, kindly oblige us by also facilitating the softcopy for the same.
Feel free to write for feature updates that you wish to see in the App.
Special Thanks to Kulbir S. Thind (MD) and Sant Singh Khalsa (MD)
(for Gurmukhi, Hindi fonts and Source of Gurbani used in this App.)
• Adaptation for Lollipop Material Design.
• Workaround for issues reported after Lollipop update - Blank Showcase and rendering Hindi font on some devices including N5.
• Major GUI enhancements, Menus moved to Action Bar.
• Option to Share Home Screen via Facebook, Twitter, Email etc.
• Added Chaupa-ee to Nitmen section (exclusive from Rehraas)
• Removed Search limit of 100 results.