GYF is a launcher that is available anytime, regardless of which application you are currently using.
Simply fling your finger from a screen border, or use an alternate gesture, and a list of your installed applications as well as running applications will be displayed. Quickly select one to launch it.
Please do not rate if the application does not work the way you expect it to. Instead, make sure to add your feedback on the dev thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2072870
Curious about permissions? They are listed with explanations at the bottom of this message.
• works anywhere
• various launch gestures: fling, long press, short press…
• non-stop gesture: switch to your favorite app without lifting your finger, in one smooth motion
• can be launched from another app using activity shortcut
• can be launched using the home key (double tap)
• open on favorite view
LEFT OR RIGHT HANDED? REFINE YOUR GESTURES
• press/fling to the left or right hand of your screen
• make gesture area wider or shorter
• show the gesture area in regular or ghost mode or make it invisible
• restrict gesture to home screen and complement your regular launcher
• configurable feedback: vibrate, display an information ribbon, etc.
LOOK AND THEMES
• GYF themes: skin GYF to use look like your favorite OS, a chess table, etc.
• Icon themes: compatible with all main launcher theme packs, including icon masks.
• or manually configure drawer opacity, display or hide quick jump letter ribbon…
• display or hide sticky headers, change icon size, hide app names, etc.
• start at boot time (donate)
• display/configure notification
• root features under development for you, owners of rooted devices!
TRUSTED BY CUSTOMIZATION WIZARDS
• GYF is cooked in various ROMs (list on demand :))
AS SEEN ON…
★ there used to be a list of tech sites who reviewed GYF, along with their positive comments, here. However Google contacted me to complain about the app’s description. Lacking proper information, I decided to remove anything that refers to anyone — I believe I will put this list somewhere else and link to it in case it is what ticked off Google ☆
USERS DON'T HATE IT!
"A great addition to android. Feels like a natural part of the ui."
"really well put together. Enough options to satisfy even the most discerning geek!"
"The frequent updates have improved the app ten folds."
etc. ( GYF loves you too guys! )
A NOTE ON PERMISSIONS
to display the GYF drawers over other applications
to launch GYF at boot time if so configured
for haptic feedback
to display the list of running tasks
to ask Android to terminate a process when you select this action
to allow the creating of direct dial shortcuts in the User drawer
to store l2 cache
(the square gfx was invented and designed by Lesscro: www.rd-graphisme.com)
This is beta50
* New hybrid non-stop modes (improved)
* Ready for GYFDrawer
* Fixed remote activation
Please contact me if you find any issue due to these updates.