Inspired by the HAL-9000 in the movie 2001: a space Odyssey and Google Voice Search, you can control your house, where the requests would be similar to the following:
- Please turn on the Office Light Vera
- Hal open the Garage Door Please
- Computer run All Lights Off Thanks
- Status of the House Alarm please
This application requires the following:
- A Vera Home Automation a Controller from MiCasa Verde (See http://getvera.com ). It works on all platforms running UI4, thru UI7.
Configure your Vera Login credentials, name your Vera's and you are ready to go ... There are a few other settings to help customize your experience.
In addition to talking you your House, you can assign touch gestures to commands. This is useful in noisy environments.
Many voice recognition applications have problems do to the quality of the recognized speech.[email protected]
improves reliability using 3 techniques:
- Semantic Rules - Words in the proper order for a meaningful interpretation.
- Fuzzy Logic - Matches words spelled or pronounced similarly.
- Translation Dictionary - To Translate many of the words Google thinks you said into things meaningful for your Home Automation.
The application has support for Switches, Dimmers, Temperature, Humidity, Light, Security Sensors, Alarm Partitions, Locks, Thermostats, Virtual Switches, Multi-Switch, Window Coverings, Program Logic Plugins, and the Combination Switch plugin.
It has been designed for extensibility and localization and customization of the Semantic rules. These features will be made available in subsequent releases.
3.03 - Android 6 Support
3.01 - Latest Google APIs and Development Environment
Fix Help File Display Problem
2.2 - Totally Hands Free ... can be launched from OK Google.
OPEN Mike - Continuous Recognition Supported!
Run as Service + Nexus Fixes
Handle startup problems when Vera does not have any defined scenes.
Minor bug fix in confusion handling wild card requests:
If you ask:
All Temperature Status ?
Bug fix if you have more than 1 Vera Defined.