Hang up (and lock the screen) by simply putting your phone face down on the table! Faster, Easier, Smarter.
HangApp lets you disconnect your calls by simply putting the phone face down on any flat, level surface (typically your desk, but any surface will do). HangApp will also lock the screen for you, right after disconnecting the call, saving you screen time and battery.
Shortly after you put the phone face down, you will hear the "HangApp sound", confirming that the call has just disconnected.
NOTE: We have just added some cool new sounds -- try hanging up using the Glass Smash sound, see how people react... ;-)
- Faster : just put the phone down and move on
- Easier : no need to look for or press any buttons
- Smarter : have you ever tried hanging up when your hands were wet? or with gloves on? HangApp lets you do all that with zero effort
Download and Enjoy!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
- Check out the Settings screen (use the phone's menu button to reach it) - it allows you to customize HangApp sounds, as well as other app behavior (e.g. disable HangApp when using a Bluetooth earpiece)
- After putting the phone face down, it CAN TAKE A SECOND or two before you hear the HangApp sound. This is beccause of the time it takes the ANDROID OPERATING SYSTEM to disconnect a call.
- On some phones, the proximity sensor (which turns the screen off when you are on a call) can stop working if the screen is not very clean. This can also cause HangApp to not work properly. In this case, CLEAN THE TOP AREA OF THE SCREEN, and restart your phone. HangApp will spring back to life (and also, your cheek will not end your calls by mistake)
- For any immediate assistance, please write us to [email protected]
or go here: http://www.app-q.com/support/hangapp-faq
- We use the following permissions, for the following reasons:
"Service that cost you money - directly call phone numbers" - HangApp NEVER CALLS OUT. HangApp ONLY DISCONNECTS CALLS. The Android software package that enables to DISCONNECT calls is the same as the one that enables to CALL OUT. This is why the name of the permission includes the words "directly call phone numbers". We do NOT call out. Using HangApp does NOT cost you any money whatsoever.
"Hardware Controls - change your audio settings" - This enables HangApp to change the disconnection tone volume level.
"Internet Access - HangApp collects NON-PERSONAL, Technical app-behavior information that enables the developing team to solve bugs, and improve the app."
"Phone calls - read phone state and identity" - HangApp monitors the phone-calls state to know when a call is in progress, so that it will be able to disconnect it when placing the phone face-down. HangApp does NOT use the phone identity feature.
"Storage - modify/delete USB storage contents modify/delete" - HangApp uses this permission to store user preferences
"Hardware Controls - control vibrator" - Used for vibration notification
"Network Communication - view network status" - used for buttons on the app's screens, that enable you to visit external links (such as the Android Market or AppQ's website).
"System Tools - automatically start at boot" - enables HangApp to automatically start after phone reset.
Tags: HangUp, Hang Up, Face Down, Disconnect Phone, Hang Phone, Disconnect Call
Added new (cool ;)) HangApp sounds
GO Launcher users: If update doesn't go smoothly, and you are having trouble starting HangApp after update, this seems to be a GO Launcher issue... If so, we recommend uninstalling former version of HangApp, and installing a new one "fresh" from the Market. This will solve the matter.