The Home Control Assistant is a full featured Home Automation application. This Android application is
a client to the HCA Server running in your home. Using HCA you can control, program, and schedule lights
and appliances using X10, UPB, Insteon, as well as wireless and IR.
In one inclusive package HCA Plus provides for creation and operation of simple to complex automation designs. The top 20 feature list:
1. Integrates Insteon, UPB, and X10 power line technologies
2. Supports IP addressed IR interfaces from GlobalCache and BitWise
3. Supports whole-house wireless
4. Can be used in a client-server mode with multiple simultaneous read-write clients for complete local and remote access to design
5. Includes a web component for access remotely via mobile and desktop browsers
6. Client for Android phones for remote or in-house access
7. Multiple Schedules created by a visual scheduling tool
8. Unlimited number of programs to respond to events. Constructed in a graphical manner from over 60 different actions
9. Supports text based scripts in any scripting language that can utilize the extensive HCA object model
10. Control interface creates a simplified control oriented user interface
11. Integrate into the HCA user Interface views of other applications: security, power management, and cameras using HTML views
12. Send email and SMS messages as part of a program action
13. Create and view Insteon scenes in a graphical manner and remotely program those scenes into Insteon devices
14. Bridge power line technologies by using multiple power line interfaces simultaneously. Create bridge maps to automatically translate between different technology commands
15. Integrates weather data from web based or weather station sources
16. Powerful "whole house modes" for quick power saving programming
17. Background design checker quickly locate design problems
18. Configurable Alert Mechanism for handling exceptional conditions
19. Many tools for creating, viewing, modifying, and documenting the design
20. HCA is well documented in extensive User Guide and Video series.
Download a no-cost 30 day evaluation.
Better handles changes from WiFi to 3G to 4G. If disconnected because of network unavailability, upon reconnect it now refreshes state or reloads design if a change was made during network disconnection. New menu to view and change the Home Mode. Support for dynamic icons changed via programs. Many bug fixes that could result in crashes.