Hema Explorer is an offline GPS navigation app that combines reliable Hema maps with 40,000 points of interest and more for guiding 4WD, touring and camping adventures throughout Australia.
• Reliable Hema maps
• 40,000+ interactive Points of Interest (POI)
• Australia-wide terrain, satellite and street mapping
• Real-time weather forecasts & rain radar
• Record tracks, waypoints and routes
• Take geo-tagged photos
• View, share and download adventures online with the Hema Explorer Cloud public track database
• Australia-wide Topo 1:250k and Hema Touring 1:1Million maps included
• Cape York, Fraser Island, Great Desert Tracks, High Country Victoria and Kimberley maps available for download in-app
• 40,000 interactive POI for touring, camping and 4WD
• Navigate and record trips with real-time GPS tracking
• Map-overlaid rain radar & weather forecasts
• Clip ’n’ save Australia-wide satellite, street and terrain mapping
• Share and download trips from the Hema Explorer Cloud track database
Navigate and discover what’s around you completely offline with Hema Explorer. Track your location using your device’s in-built GPS receiver* while you navigate with reliable Hema maps, and plan every stop along the way with 40,000 interactive POI.
POI cover accommodation (e.g. campsites, caravan parks), facilities (e.g. dump points, toilets, rest areas), services (e.g. emergency telephones, mechanical repairs), information centres and supply points (e.g. 24-hour fuel, roadhouses), with each POI containing additional information including facilities, activities and contact details where available.
While you track your location on a Hema map, record the track log of your journey along with geo-tagged photos and waypoints that you can add a title and notes to, so you can remember your trip in detail and share it with the world when you return home.
Prepare for your trip or get information on the road with Hema Explorer’s online features. Find out what the weather will be like where you’re headed by accessing up-to-the-minute weather forecasts, a three-day outlook and map-overlaid rain radar. Or, download satellite imagery, street and terrain mapping to use on your adventure simply by creating a route of your trip before you go.
You can even find inspiration for your next adventure and show your own off to the world on the Hema Explorer Cloud, the public track database powered by Hema Explorer users. View track logs combined with geo-tagged photos and notes from all over Australia, which you can seamlessly download to your device to guide your own adventures. Alternatively, save your own journey using Hema Explorer’s powerful trip recording functions and then show it off on an interactive Hema map on the Hema Explorer Cloud website.
*Most Android devices come with an in-built GPS receiver. However, it’s important to ensure the device you’re using has an in-built GPS receiver, as this is what enables location services that allow you to track your position. External Bluetooth GPS receivers can be purchased for use with devices that do not have one in-built.
Please take a moment to leave a review, they help us immensely! We’d also appreciate your comments and feedback at [email protected]
Changed - Marker on Layers panel when maps are fully downloaded changed to "Downloaded" to avoid confusion (previously "Offline")
Updated - lack of map visibility on some devices
Updated - download processing improvements (caused issues on some devices)
Fixed - waypoint delete issues
Fixed - POI download process
Updated - sync processing improvements
Numerous minor bug fixes