Android's first live-action cinema martial arts fighting game! A kung fu movie starring...YOU! A tongue-in-cheek tribute to the chop-sockey movies of the 1970s! A rare, full motion video game (FMV) for your mobile phone!
In this fast-paced interactive movie, you play the legendary fighter, Tuta Shen, in his epic confrontation with the infamous kung fu master, Mr Lui. Can you defeat Mr. Lui and become the Hero of Shaolin? An addicting gameplay experience awaits! Only through ninja fast reflexes and masterful cool headedness will you prevail against your opponent. But beware: this is an intensely challenging game! Then again, nobody ever said being a kung fu master would be easy.
This is one of those addicting games that take only seconds to learn, but hours to master. It was designed to be played in short, exciting “bursts” lasting two minutes or less. This allows you to play a complete round of the game even when you only have a few minutes for fun. If you like addicting games or indie games, give this free game a try.
Fans and practitioners of martial arts such as Chinese kung fu, Japanese karate and Korean tae kwon do will enjoy the realism of this fighting game.
Aficionados of the full motion video game (FMV) genre, take note: Hero of Shaolin is one of the very few *new* FMVs available for Android. It's not just another 1980s game remake like Dragon's Lair or Space Ace.
This photorealistic, interactive movie includes the following features:
- Live-action movie footage that reacts to your decisions in real-time
- Beautiful, high-resolution, 30 frames-per-second graphics (great on current Samsung Galaxy phones)
- Entertaining English-dubbed character dialog
- Classic 70s-era music and retro sound effects
- A dynamically branching storyline
- Immersive haptic feedback
- Integrated help page
- Permanently upgrades to ad-free, Premium Edition after game is completed successfully
Stop merely watching action movies. Start LIVING one!
Please visit our website at http://heroofshaolin.com for more details, including free technical support.
Press the buttons with your thumbs (not your fingers). Memorize each button's location on the screen, so you can press any button without taking your eyes off of the video. Keep your thumbs floating above the east and west buttons, so you can reach any button rapidly. Focus your attention continuously on the video, looking only to see which arrow to press next, then quickly press the matching button, without looking at the button itself. It becomes easier with a little practice. Some players report being able to complete the game successfully after playing for a few days.
WARNING! Faithful to the chop-sockey film genre, this game contains realistic depictions of violence and mild profanity.
Note: This game uses the device's network connection to report anonymized crash reports and app usage data. This information is used strictly for product improvement.
This update adds the following improvements:
- If you win the game, it automatically upgrades itself to "Premium Edition," disabling all advertisments thereafter
- All advertisements are now for game apps only
- Exit ads have been replaced by periodic ads on the "try again" screen.
- Fixed bug where music plays after the game exits is now fixed.