Remote SMS Control helps you control your Android device from another phone in order to toggle ringtones, WI-FI, 3G, etc.
There are several situations when you would need to temporary disable some features from your phone:
- you forgot it in a room where, if it would ring, it would disturb someone and you do not want that;
- you left the phone in some place not close to you and you want to disable data and wi-fi to save battery until you recover it;
- in any of the above situation, you can easily find out who has called you by receiving a SMS from 'Remote SMS Control' application. Please not that carrier's charge (may be) applied when the application send the message with the missed calls list.
Follow this simple steps to have the application started and configured on your phone and you will be able to silence it, disable WI-FI or 3G:
1. Start the application.
2. Set a password.
3. Edit the app's whitelist. The list should contains phone numbers that you allow to control your device using SMS with special format(described below).
4. Start the service. You can exit the application after this, the service will run in background and will intercept any incoming messages and, if they respect the format, will process them.
- enable/disable all tones and vibrations;
- enable/disable WI-FI;
- enable/disable 3G;
- receive a SMS with the list of the missed calls.
Remote SMS Control will intercept the SMS you receive while the service is running in the background. If the number that sends the message is in the allowed list and the SMS uses the correct format, it will be processed. The format is the following:
The password is the one defined inside the application.
The command is one of the following:
- disableTones - disables all tones and vibration;
- enableTones - enables all tones and vibration;
- disableWifi - disables WI-FI;
- enableWifi - enables WI-FI;
- disable3G - disables Cellular Data;
- enable3G - enables Cellular Data;
- callReport - sends a SMS back to the sender number that contains all the numbers from which you have a missed call.
The application requires permissions to read/send SMS, read Contacts, read Call Log, change Cellular Data and WI-FI.
Keywords: remote assistant, hide, stealth, remote sms control, remote disable tones, remote missed calls
- removed ads, app is now completely free, enjoy;
- please let us know if you think new features should be added.