Talking about weight with clients can be a difficult conversation, especially since current methods of diagnosing weight problems are subjective and often dismissed by clients as opinion. However, the problem of pet obesity cannot be left unaddressed. A more accurate way to determine a pet's ideal weight is needed, and that's why we're proud to introduce the new Hill's Healthy Weight Protocol app a breakthrough approach to diagnosing and managing weight problems developed from a multi-year study with a leading university of veterinary medicine.
Determining an accurate ideal weight is as easy as entering the patient’s age, current weight, and a few simple body frame measurements into the app. The app will then calculate patient’s ideal weight, BFI (body fat percentage), kCals for weight loss or maintenance, and create a feeding plan for weight loss success.
• More accurately assess an overweight patient's ideal weight
• Engage pet owners with objective numbers they can understand
• Create a customized feeding plan based on the patient's ideal weight that can be e-mailed to clients
• Feeding plans can include any combination of dry food, canned food and treats.
• Modify energy requirements or kCals to tailor the recommendation to your patient’s needs
• Create feeding plans for weight loss or ongoing weight maintenance
• Includes all Hill’s Science Diet©, Prescription Diet© and Ideal Balance© products.
• When it is not possible to capture body frame measurements, you can manually assess your patient's body fat percentage using the Hill’s BFI Risk Chart.
• Frequently Asked Questions
• Video tutorials and instructions for making accurate measurements
Note: This app is intended for use only by veterinary professionals. For more information, please visit www.hwp.hillsvet.com
New localizations added.