Mobile to mobile video & file sharing anywhere in the world.
HitcherNet uses Wifi Direct technology to allow users to quickly transfer BIG files without relying on internet connectivity or routers. This means you can share videos with your friends anywhere in the world, regardless of internet connectivity. Backpacking, surfing, camping, remote expeditions, or simply to avoid data charges - whatever the situation - HitcherNet allows for fast & secure (WPA2) transfer of your videos and files.
Androids remembered permissions/connections make HitcherNet the most reliable and fastest Wifi Direct Sharing app on the market for mobile video sharing.
*Note, your device(s) must have WiFi Direct capabilities in order to use this app. We are working to make WiFi Direct as fast and as stable as possible - Traditional wifi as a backup for transfer may be in a future release - for when one needs to share files or transfer between PC's and other operating systems.
- -Download and install HitcherNet onto your device.
- -Ensure that Wifi (and therefore Wifi Direct) is enabled (if not you will be prompted to turn it on).
- -Open the app- it will automatically look for HitcherNet peers.
- -When you see the device to which you are trying to connect (it should show up as "available") touch the device's icon to connect
- -A prompt should show up on the device to which you are connecting.
- -Accept the connection request (on Android 4.2+ the device will remember this permission)
- -Touch the file icon on the other phone in order to send a file to that device.
- -Choose your file (You may choose to transfer up to 5 files at once)
- -The transfer should begin automatically and the user will be alerted when the file has arrived.
- -To send whole folders, just press and hold on the folder you want to transfer
Wifi Direct's wide bandwidth (up to 250Mb/s), direct connectivity between devices (routers and/or root not required), and robust security (WPA2) make it a game-changer for mobile-mobile file transfer and location-based social sharing. NO COMPLICATED PAIRING PROCEDURES- colocation of devices not required! INBOX/OUTBOX functionality also allows the user to track what files they have sent and received.
Android 4.2-4.3- Automatic connections between previously paired devices. Persistent permissions for previously connected devices. Inbox/Outbox functionality. Automatic connection negotiation.
Android 4.1- Inbox/Outbox functionality. Automatic connection negotiation.
The app is currently supported for Wifi Direct enabled devices running Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) through Android 4.3.
If you encounter problems or success with other devices please let us know so that we can work on supporting a wider range of hardware.
- Share videos between devices without complicated pairing
- Transfer updates/backups from device to device
- Devices automatically connect to remembered peers
- Ridiculously fast file transfer speeds of 50 mb/s between devices
- Save time/money sharing files "off network"...no data charges!
- Multi-connect between multiple mobile devices
- Integrated file management system
- Transfer multiple files at once
- Automatic Wifi Direct activation on devices
- Files are saved to sdcard/HitcherNet
- Save location configurable through menu
- INBOX/OUTBOX functionality
*7/8/2014 - Even stronger connection! Increased performance! Usability improvements!
*6/20/2014 - Folder Transfer! Lotsa bug fixes and stability improvements too
*11/2/2013- Lots of bug fixes and improved stability
*10/2/2013- On-screen tutorial and help menu
*09/19/2013- Pick and transfer multiple files at once