Whence the name "Hiyaw Qal"? Hebrews 4:12: "For the word of God is living and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and is able to discern the thoughts and intentions of the heart." (የእግዚአብሔር ቃል ሕያው ነውና)
Developed by WongelAdvocate.com - In gratitude and in honor of the Ethiopian Bible Society. This app does not require Internet connection to operate once installed. It runs on all Android phones versions 2.3 and higher, and all Android tablets of any size.
WongelAdvocate.com, Hiyaw Qal, and Qal Amlak are products of The Living Word Gospel Ministry (LWGM). LWGM is dedicated to distribute bibles freely in electronic and print formats. We have started giving out free printed bibles in Ethiopia. If you want to contribute to this cause, please visit our website http://WongelAdvocate.com.
* Smart Loading, Continuous Scrolling & Reading
* Word Search: Exact, All Words, Any Words (Search in Geez with installed keyboards)
* Search Entire Bible, NT, OT, Moses, Prophets, Epistles...
* Chapter Notes for all translations
* Switch Versions and compare text - great study tool
* Switch chapter by scrolling, with navigation buttons, or from a pop-up
* Access reading history by simple back/forward buttons or select from the full list
* Major UI Updates
* Visit WongelAdvocate.com for more info
We value your feedback a great deal. Thank you to all who write to us, we respond to each and every request and suggestion. We value God's Word highly and spend the time to fix bugs, correct text typos, and try to make the app very useful to those who are committed to the study of God's Word. (We wish you all Ezra's dedication: "For Ezra had devoted himself to the study and observance of the Law of the Lord, and to teaching its decrees and laws in Israel." 7:10)
We have received freely, and so we give freely. We praise God for those who dedicated their time to reproduce God's Word in electronic format freely.
* Bug fixes and text corrections
* Search works with installed Amharic keyboards
* Notes has been reorganized - paste text to notes
* Use system settings to change Font Size
* Select Multiple Verses (up to 5) and:
- Bookmark at once
- Copy to clipboard and Share with other apps
- Share selections on supported media, like:
Facebook, SMS, Email, Google+ ...
* Long-press to initiate multiple selection
- click verse to add/remove to selection
- use action bar to perform selection