With the HMRC app, it’s quick and easy to:
- renew your tax credits and check next payments
- view your tax code, income and state benefits
- work out take home pay, income tax and NIC with our tax calculator
- track forms and letters you’ve sent us
The tax calculator is available to everyone, but you’ll need to sign in to your Government Gateway account to see your personal tax information. If you don’t have an account, you can set one up in the app using your name, National Insurance number and date of birth. If we need to verify your identity, we’ll ask for details like your passport number and information about your salary.
You can sign in with your personal tax account, but not as a business or agent. You can’t use the app to submit your Self Assessment tax return - you’ll still need to sign in online to do that.
If you’re having problems with your account that you can’t solve online, visit www.gov.uk/hmrc and search ‘contact’ to find the relevant helpline.
We’re sorry the app’s availability has been hit-and-miss recently. We think we’ve fixed it, but if you have any more problems please let us know at [email protected]
While that’s been going on, we’ve also:
- fixed the bug that was sending two SMS messages instead of one, which made signing in difficult
- added an access code feature for new users setting up two factor authentication
- fixed a bug that was preventing users of Android 4.4 from renewing Tax Credits