Finally, a reliable Hacker News reader with a focus on design & usability! It's also open-source.
• Post comments
• View Hacker News stories and comments, beautifully laid out
• Also view articles in ViewText, Google, or your system browser (you can set each as default)
• Upvote stories (long-press on story) and comments (long-press on comment).
• Collapse and expand comments by tapping on them
• Choose from 3 text sizes
• Switch between stories and comments with one tap
• View "more" stories than only the HN frontpage
• Share the article's URL to your installed apps (Instapaper, Pocket, Twitter,...)
• See which articles you have already visited
Please report any issues to me via Twitter (@manuelmaly) or via mail (link is below).
Get the source code here: https://github.com/manmal/hn-android/
- adding possibility to collapse a whole thread/conversation from a child comment
- addressing the issue where articles with many comments crash the app
- adding optional possibility to send anonymous usage data and crash reports. It is turned off by default. If you want to contribute opt-in via the settings screen.
- fixing minor issues
Thanks for the PRs and bug reports. Keep them coming :).
Please, do not submit bug reports with ratings and reviews. Use github, twitter or an email instead.