*** Preview full wordlist and sample entries, as well as experience the most advanced search, learning and translation features of dictionary before buying ***
The new edition of the Hoepli Grand Russian-Italian and Italian-Russian Dictionary by Julia Dobrovolskaja contains a variety of neologisms, words and expressions of the modern language.
The Dictionary covers a wide range of linguistic styles, including literary, colloquial, Soviet and post-Soviet language, reality, slang and "language aphorisms."
It includes over 200,000 entries and definitions with audio recordings of 101,000 pronunciations by native speakers; accented transliterations of Russian words, idioms, proverbs, compound words, examples of collocations and contextualization of "difficult" words in the brief quotes by Russian and Italian writers.
Now you can make sure that a dictionary complies with your language level and contains all words you need before purchase. Full-fledged versions are available for buying with the in-app dictionary catalog.
Search and translate features:
• Full text search feature allows you to look up words more efficiently throughout the whole dictionary content, including headwords and usage examples.
• Wildcard Search if you are unsure of the exact word spelling. Use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters.
• Similar words search in case of misspelling.
• Search for anagrams (bat-tab).
• Search within entries to narrow down and quickly navigate larger entries.
• Russian Morphology module helps to translate words in any grammatical form.
• Three input methods make dictionary word look-ups more convenient than ever. Search by voice with Google Voice recognition service, take a picture of text and translate it with Google Goggles, or enter the word with your own handwriting using PenReader handwriting recognition software.
• Easy copy-and-paste functions allow unknown words or phrases to be copied from an active application like the web browser or email to the clipboard, and automatically translated by switching back to dictionary.
• Translate unknown words or phrases from any application, including web browser or email, using the Share button. The feature allows you to send copied text to the dictionary directly and get the translation in one click! (Available for OS 4.0 and higher).
• 101,000 audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers (for Russian and Italian languages).
• Full linguistic information – with declension and conjugation tables – is included, making the dictionary a must-have for any language scholar (for Russian language)!
• Favorites - to quickly access frequently searched words.
• Built-in dictionary catalog for in-app purchases.
• Lightning-fast new engine allows dictionary entries to open as soon as you click with no delays.
• A range of custom styles and operating options are available under user settings.
• Search History feature shows the last 100 words looked up.
• No Internet connection required.
The Publishing House Hoepli was founded in 1870 by Ulrico Hoepli (Tuttwil, Switzerland 1847 - Milan 1935). The publishing business has developed from the outset with particular attention to the technical and scientific fields. Currently operates in the handbooks, educational publishing, university and professional, information technology, business, legal codes and dictionaries.