Holy Bible Quotes helps you grow your relationship with God. Enjoy and God bless you!
* Full World English Bible edition
* Very fast and simple to use
* Works offline even in "airplane mode". Access the Bible anytime, anywhere, no internet connection needed.
* Receive daily inspirational Bible verses in the notification bar
* Powerful search system. Search any verse by book, word, chapter, etc.
* Read random Bible verses
* Bookmark your favorite verses for quick future reference
* Help spread the Word of God. Share Bible verses by Email, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
* Listen to the Bible using Android's built-in Text-to-speech synthesizer
* Optimized for all Android version from 1.6 to 4.0 (ICS)
Q: How can I share a verse from the list?
A: Just pressing for 2 or 3 seconds and a menu with the available sharing options will appear
Q: How can I change the speech speed?
A: The speed of the speech is controlled by the TTS engine installed with Android. It can be set up by going to:
Settings --> Voice input & output settings --> Text to speech settings --> speech rate
Q: I don't like the voice. How can I improve it?
A: The default text-to-speech engine installed with Android is Pico TTS, it’s pretty simple and sometimes may sound a bit electronic. You can always install alternatives like eSpeak, SVox or IVONA from Android Market.
Q: How can I change the speech accent?
A: Just go to Menu --> Settings and select the language. Currently, 2 accents are available:
* English (US)
* English (GB)
About the permissions:
We know you may be worried about the permissions required by the application so here is the explanation of why they are needed:
To load the ads used to support the development of the application, these permissions are required:
- Full Internet access
- View network state
If you restart your phone and you activated the daily verse notifications, the applications requires this permission to know if you restarted it:
- Automatically start at boot
About the speech synthesizer:
The text-to-speech (TTS) technology may not be available in some devices. To check if your phone is able of speech synthesis: Menu -> Settings -> Voice input & output -> Text-to-speech settings.
If not installed, your device may ask you to install the TTS engine. An internet connection may be required. We recommend installing it before traveling as roaming data tariffs may be very expensive.
- Landscape mode enabled when rotating screen
- New application icon