How many of you have felt a need to have a remote control for your PC while watching late night movies and TV shows while lying in bed or a comfy sofa? many of us like getting sleepy at night while watching a TV show or a movie on a LCD screen attached to our home PC / Laptop. But just the act of getting from bed to turn off the machine typically ruins our sleep.
Here is an application that allows your to control your media playback from your android phone. You can browse your media library, play, stop a file from your phone, and also shutdown your PC/Mac/Linux boxes from your phone. If you local network and hardware supports Wake-on-LAN then your phone can turn on your machine too. Think of it as your WiFi remote for your PC's media library. Use it as your VideoLAN's VLC Media Player remote. Support for more popular media players will be added very soon.
You will need to download and install an extremely lightweight and fast java helper application on your PC/Linux/Mac to take commands from this application installed on your android phone. You can get the program and the instructions from this site: http://androidlab-piyush.rhcloud.com/index.php/Home_Media_Controller
* Browse videos on the remote PC/Mac/Linux
* Browse audios on the remote PC/Mac/Linux
* Start a video playback on the PC/Mac/Linux
* Search for a video file in the media list
* Add/remove remote audio files to/from your playlist
* Play your playlist on the remote PC/Mac/Linux
* Sleep/Hibernate/Shutdown your PC from your phone
* Start your remote machine using Wake-on-LAN signal
* Ability to save multiple remote PC/Mac/Linux details
* Ability to easily switch between saved remote machines