Windows/OSX/Ubuntu/Mint/Gentoo/Elementary/Whatever/Arch/Linux Remote Control
The app consists basically of two remote control types. The first one for Windows/Mac/Linux, called "Simple Remote Control" and the second for Linux only, called "Advanced Remote Control". Skip to the bottom for installation instructions.
Generel Remote Control features:
• list and download files from filesystem
• system monitor(CPU,RAM,DISK,BATTERY..)
• custom shortcuts
• sound control
• numpad/navigation shortcuts
• future tasks
Simple Remote Control features:
• login via QR Code scanner
Advanced Remote Control features:
• rename, delete and upload files on your filesystem
• linux command library
• ssh login
App core features:
• remote control widget
• wake on lan widget
• export/import remote controls via a file
• display cpu,memory,battery,bluetooth,network info of android device
For both remotes it is possible to add customised commands like "open music player and play 'some-weird-sounds.mp3'". Below are some examples of already predefined commands.
• control media player play/stop/prev/next
• control audio volume
• lock/unlock screen
• send keyboard input
• start software like "Spotify, XMBC, VLC, Chrome.."
--- Simple Remote Control for Linux/Windows/Mac ---
1. Download the server app, unzip and execute the "RemoteControlServer.jar".
2. Open Android app, go to -> "new device" -> "Simple Linux/Windows/Mac" -> "scan" and scan the QR code from the server on your computer.
--- Remote Control for Linux only ---
1. Install SSH Server if you havn't installed it already.
sudo apt-get install openssh-server
2. Open Android app, go to -> "new device" -> "Advanced Remote Control" and type in the requiered information.
3. For mouse and keyboard control you need to install xdotool.
sudo apt-get install xdotool
--- Wake On Lan ---
1. sudo apt-get install ethtool
2. sudo ethtool -s eth0 wol g
3. insert the following two lines into the autostart script(/etc/rc.local)
ethtool -s eth0 wol g
4. open /etc/init.d/halt and set NETDOWN=no
5. check and activate Wake On Lan and/or Wake on PCI(E) your mainboard bios
Private key login
> ssh-keygen -t rsa
To ensure safety enter a passphrase.
Then, paste the content of the public key ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub into the ~/.ssh/authorized_keys ﬁle on the remote host.
> cat id_rsa.pub >> .ssh/authorized_keys
Copy the private key ~/.ssh/id_rsa to your Android phone and load the ﬁle from the 'Add Device' screen.
Download PDF for more help: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vf1hfietniyuxee/UbuntuRemoteControl-Help.pdf
• added hardware keyboard support
• added left-hand mouse option
• fixed 'Advanced Remote Control' sudo password bug
• improved 'Advanced Remote Control' monitor screen"