Mahjong is a popular game that originated in China. It is commonly played by four players. The game and its regional variants are widely played throughout Eastern and South Eastern Asia and have a small following in Western countries. Mahjong is similar to the Western card games like rummy, mahjong is a game of skill, strategy, and calculation and involves a degree of chance.
NEW: Improved UI, Optimised for Android N
This is a 13 tile implementation of Mahjong based upon Hong Kong or Cantonese rules.
This version of mahjong has the most advanced, responsive and intuitive touch interface for any mahjong app on the market.
Full details for Hong Kong Style rules can be found here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong_Mahjong_scoring_rules
Be prepared for fast paced Mahjong action. Incorporating traditional Hong Kong rules with many options to customise your playing experience, including:
* Tournament Mode and Competitions
* Minimum level setting
* Flowers and Seasons tiles option
* Resume mode
* Traditional, English, Black, Ivory and more Tiles available
* Fast or Slow mode
* Leaderboards and Achievements
* High Definition Tile images thanks to http://www.martinpersson.org/
Feel free to email comments or bug reports to [email protected]
I do respond. Special thank you to those that have emailed bugs, suggestions and screen shots.
Shape the future development of this application and chat with other users on facebook, or just like us at https://www.facebook.com/hksmahjong
This game now automatically saves your progress so that you can resume at any time in the future if you have not been able to finish a round. It will also record a list of high scores and achievements.
Hong Kong style Mahjong is also the predominant version of Mahjong played in countries like Australia, Singapore, USA and Canada.
1) Hong Kong Style Rules and optional extended rules
2) Vastly Improved UI and graphics
3) The fastest Mahjong game on the Android Market with option to play fast or slow.
4) Help Instructions
5) English, Traditional and many other tiles available
6) Minimum level setting (0,1,3,6)
7) Resume previous game (it resets the current game, but will remember your place in the round.
8) Leaderboards and Achievements
9) Traditional Chinese Language, Simplified Chinese, Spanish and English
* Fixed some crashing
*Fixed error with Kong
* Bug Fixes
* Minor corrections to scoring
* Display bugs
* Eliminate crashing experienced by some users
* Stability improvements and added language strings
* UI Tweaks, settings for each level saved
* New User Interface
* Added Level 8 minimum level
* Added Level 8,10,13,16 maximum level
* Fixed Google+ optional login