This app will assist you in finding the Raahu (also known as Rahu, Raahu kalaya, Rahukaalam, Rahukalam, inauspicious time) Gulika and Yamagandam periods.
Period of Raahu is a certain amount of time every day that is considered inauspicious. It is a good idea to avoid Raahu period before starting any new activity.
Any activity commenced during Gulika period will be repeated once again. So its an auspicious time for starting activities like building a house, buying assets or vehicles.
Yamagandam means death time. Only death ceremonies are performed during this period. Activities during Yamagandam leads to a failure or destruction of the end-result. Avoid commencing important, money-related or travel activities during this time.
The app also enables the user to turn on/off other horas (Ravi - Sun, Chandra - Moon, Kuja - Mars, Guru - Jupiter, Shani - Saturn, Shukra - Venus, Budha - Mercury) during the day as required. Precise time of these horas can be access by sliding your finger down on the screen.
The app uses precise GPS location to determine the sunrise and the sunset in calculating the Raahu and Hora.
The Raahu period is clearly shown in a 24 hour clock face in red colour. Other hora times can be enabled as required.
- Tap once on the clock face to see precise moments for periods and moments.
- Double tap on screen or tap on the refresh icon on top right to return to current date.
- Swipe left and right to switch between dates.
- Swipe down to access precise planetary hours. (or use the menu option)
v 2.2.1 (2015-10-13)
- Fix settings menu display on latest Android versions.
v 2.2 (2013-12-03)
- Now display a message to enable GPS if users location is not available.
- Fixed major bug between 12am and sunrise time.
- Fixed other minor bugs.