Ever wanted to use your smartphone without touching the screen? Now you can!!
With Hovering Controls you can use your phone just like Samsung Galaxy S4 does with Air Gesture and much more!
HOW TO UNINSTALL IF YOU ENABLED ADMIN:
App menu-->Device Admin Options-->Disable then uninstall
Free limited version available for test!
Email me if any error happens!
Hovering Controls uses the proximity sensor of your device to register simple motions performed in front of your device. Predetermined apps can be launched by either hovering over the sensor, swiping once, or swiping twice. Silencing an alarm or ringtone is as simple as a hand wave. You can also control your media playback this way, allowing you to change to the next or previous song or video without ever turning on the phone screen and physically touching it.
Do you like Quick Glance from Galaxy S4? Now you can have it too!!
And that is not all, you can lock/unlock your phone, answer calls, slide betwen photos in your gallery and scroll up/down in your browser!! (browser scroll and gallery slides need a rooted device)
Two modes are available, both offering a different take on opening apps:
Target mode: open a pre-determined app with a set gesture
Carousel mode: open up apps from a set list of apps
The app uses proximity sensor, use test sensor in menu to test your sensor sensibility and finde how you have to wave for it to detect. If you decide to hide notification icon, the service may stop working if android needs memery resources (it will stop detecting events ) for a while until it is restarted by its own.
Music Controls How-To:
1.- Start Hovering Controls with Music Control Activated in settings.
2.- Open your music/video player and start playing a song/video
3.- You can now use other apps while listening music, Hovering Controls will remember wich app was playing your song/video, if you want to change the player, just open it and start playing a song/video!
- HTC ONE not working as it should.
- Firefox not suported.
- for some users, slide twice is difficult, we are implementing a new shake/tilt system.
- Browser and Gallery may not work in all apps.
- Set apps to open with all the available gestures.
- Silence alarm.
- Silence incoming call.
- Switch betwen recent apps (like back and forward behaviour)
- Fast go to home screen
- QuickGlance like Galaxy S4 has!!!
- Control your music player (next/previous/pause/resume) even with screen off!!!
- Shake phone during a call to activate/deactivate speakerphone.
- Answer incoming call, just put your phone near to your ear (its like Hover Hold)
- Lock/Unlock screen with hand slides!
- Flip Cover Mode.
And if you have your phone Rooted...:
- Tilt to slide right left (Beta)
- AutoShoot camera to take photo.
- Slide betwen your photos in your image gallery (1 slide->next, 2 slides->previous)
- Scroll up and down in your browser (1 slide->down, 2 slides->up. Not all browser are supported)
More features to come as well as translations!!!
DISABLE_KEYGUARD = for unlocking the lockscreen
GET_TASKS = to get your running apps and switch betwen them
INTERNET = not actually used, but might use for future updates.
READ_CALL_LOG = get your missing calls to show in QuickGlance
READ_PHONE_STATE = to pause app while in a call for example
READ_SMS = show counter of new received sms in QuickGlance
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED = to start upon boot
REORDER_TASKS = to switch betwen recent tasks (like back&forward betwen 2 apps)
VIBRATE = vibrate phone xD
WAKE_LOCK = to wake up phone
- pavik62 -- Russian translation
- LeSScro -- Designs
- MSTRoyal -- German translation
(translations will be available in future updates)
Also thanks all who offered for translations that will be added in future updates and of course i would like to thank all people that helped me with their feedback and ideas.
- Recoded Music Controls for android version 4.0+, now it should work with all music players and with no errors!!
- Tasker support to start hovering controls, use this intent string (delete the " ): "com.golgorz.hoveringcontrols.startService"
- When choosing and app to open, you can now select an activity to open directly (or just use the default one).
if the activity can not be opened (sometimes activities are protected or need some data to open) the default one will be started.