hovernote is a floating notepad app that lets you write text notes on top of other apps without having to switch out of them. hovernote lets you experience true multitasking on your Android device-- you can have a note open while using your browser, messaging app, pdf viewer, or any other app. The app can read and write .txt files on your device, features zero-effort autosaving capabilities that Just Work, and can Share notes to other apps. Dropbox Sync support is in beta.
★★★ Feature List ★★★
• Floats over other apps, allowing true multitasking
• Share notes with other applications, such as Dropbox, Evernote, or whatever else you use. hovernote works with the apps you already have.
• Autosave keeps track of all of the notes you write in the Recent Notes list
• Select and edit text using the Edit Toolbar
• Reading and writing to .txt files on your device
• Reading and writing to .txt files synced with a Dropbox App Folder (BETA)
• Can have an unlimited number of notes open simultaneously
• Configuration Options:
‣ Whether to keep a persistent notification after closing all of the notes, to quickly open a new note
‣ Whether to autosave a .txt file note
‣ Whether to hide the window controls when switching away from a note, to save screen space
‣ Window Transparency
‣ Font style and size
★★★ Suggestions, Bug Reports, etc? ★★★
Honestly, development is glacially slow. I don't have anywhere near as much time as I used to to work on hovernote.
Also I am aware that some of the settings do not persist across app restarts and will fix that at some point.
The app is now free due to the new requirement for me to have my physical address on the app store page if I want to continue selling it.
If you have any questions please send me an email: [email protected]
Emails responded to on a best-effort basis.
Full changelogs at http://mjlim.net
2.0.3: Notes can be removed from the Recent Notes list by long-pressing
• Dropbox app folder integration (BETA!)
• Undo/Redo buttons in the Edit Toolbar
• Greatly improved iconified notes (transparency, animation, snap to sides)
• Display a changelog the first time you open hovernote
• Generate a filename using the current time if none is provided when saving
• Fixed an issue with keyboard focusing on older versions of Android