IBM Sametime Meetings for Android is the official meetings application for IBM Sametime, IBM's award-winning platform for social communications on Android devices.
IBM Sametime Meetings for Android lets you start and join meetings right from your smartphone or tablet. IBM Sametime Meetings for Android delivers new and exciting capabilities to help you stay fully engaged with your colleagues, customers and partners while you're on the go. Its innovative capabilities allow you to optimize the time spent in meetings by enhancing your situational and informational awareness prior to, during and after a meeting. All this is intended to help you accelerate your business processes, improve decision making and efficiency and, ultimately, energize your life's work like never before.
- View scheduled meetings gleaned from your IBM Notes or Microsoft Outlook calendar
- Group chat
- Connect to both on-premise and IBM SmartCloud Sametime Meetings
- Join meetings as a named user or as a guest when applicable
- Manage meeting rooms, permissions and libraries
- Create, send and respond to instant polls
- Search meeting rooms by room name or owner
- My Meeting Room and Favorite Meeting Rooms views
- Server-side recordings
- Creation of meeting reports
- Lecture-style meetings
- Waiting room for participants
IBM Sametime Meetings for Android supports both the IBM Sametime 8.5.2 IFR 1 Proxy, and the new IBM Sametime 9 Proxy. The new voice and video capabilities are only available when connecting to an IBM Sametime 9 Proxy server.
Continuous-presence audio and video for phones as well as tablets
Improvements to polling including creation of polls
Guest meeting participants can now join room Audio and Video
Support for Fiberlink MaaS360
Support for provisioning meeting servers using MDM app configuration
Support for SAML authentication with SmartCloud
Fixes for issues reported by PMR