IDdx was built for queries. Users can find lists of matching infectious diseases by picking disease search criteria. The user can see all the symptoms associated with a disease or see all the diseases associated with a symptom.
Annual Subscription to Premium Version
You have the option to purchase a subscription to premium content updates. The subscription costs $19.99 annually and automatically renews at the end of each term, unless cancelled. Premium subscribers receive bi-monthly content updates and includes weighted findings and ranked diseases. IDdx is regularly updated based on the latest editions of CDC Travel, ABX Guide, Harrison's Infectious Diseases, and nine other peer-reviewed scientific publications. The premium version includes two new features: weighted findings and ranked diseases. If you choose not to purchase a premium subscription, you still receive standard content updates annually.
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH IDdx?
- Explore the database of 249 diseases in 15 categories.
- Search by disease Name or Criteria.
- Disease criteria include 104 signs & symptoms, 39 epidemiological factors, and 16 regions of the world.
- Search by Occupation. Results are sorted by high-risk job tasks.
- Search by one or more incubation periods.
- Examples of epidemiological factors are ingest (entry), soil (source), ticks (vector), and cats (reservoir).
- Access diseases worldwide or limit the search to those endemic to the United States.
WHAT IS THE CONTENT? - Similar to the Control of Communicable Diseases Manual, the content includes coverage of 249 important infectious diseases organized into the following categories: Arthropod-Borne, Cestodes, Childhood, Foodborne, Gastroenteritis, Immune-Related, Intestinal Nematodes, Localized Infections, Person-To-Person, Sapronoses, Sexually-Transmitted, Tissue Nematodes, Trematodes, and Zoonoses.
WHAT ARE THE SOURCES OF THE INFORMATION? - See this page for the primary and secondary references: http://www.iddx.com/bibliography.html.
- Added Query Sensitivity controls for Signs & Symptoms
- Added Global, US, and alphabetical sorting options for results
- Now offers subscriptions to premium IDdx content updates featuring weighted findings and ranked diseases
- Various minor bug fixes and performance improvements