IDdx was built for queries. Users can find lists of matching infectious diseases by picking disease search criteria. The user can see all the symptoms associated with a disease or see all the diseases associated with a symptom.
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH IDdx?
- Explore the database of 249 diseases in 15 categories.
- Search by disease Name or Criteria.
- Disease criteria include 104 signs & symptoms, 39 epidemiological factors, and 16 regions of the world.
- Search by Occupation. Results are sorted by high-risk job tasks.
- Search by one or more incubation periods.
- Examples of epidemiological factors are ingest (entry), soil (source), ticks (vector), and cats (reservoir).
- Access diseases worldwide or limit the search to those endemic to the United States.
WHAT IS THE CONTENT? - Similar to the Control of Communicable Diseases Manual, the content includes coverage of 249 important infectious diseases organized into the following categories: Arthropod-Borne, Cestodes, Childhood, Foodborne, Gastroenteritis, Immune-Related, Intestinal Nematodes, Localized Infections, Person-To-Person, Sapronoses, Sexually-Transmitted, Tissue Nematodes, Trematodes, and Zoonoses.
WHAT ARE THE SOURCES OF THE INFORMATION? - See this page for the primary and secondary references: http://www.iddx.com/bibliography.html.
- Various performance improvements
- Minor bug fixes