* IQ Engines
* National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research (NIDRR): U.S. Department of Education
* The Wireless Rehabilitation Engineering Research Center (RERC) AppFactory: U.S. Department of Education
* Rynhardt Kruger
* Bureau of Engraving and Printing: U.S. Department of the Treasury
What is IDEAL Currency Identifier?
It is a U.S. currency identification application for individuals who are blind and everyone else!
* Accommodates the currency ID needs of people with vision-impairments
* Handles three generations of U.S. currency notes beginning in 1993
* Compatible with Android 4.X devices with rear-facing cameras
* There is no cost to the user
* Works locally on the device. Needs no Internet connectivity
* U.S. currency notes to be identified should be placed on a flat surface, in a horizontal position, in good lighting.
* A text-to-speech voice needs to be installed on your smart phone in order for this application to work.
* This application was not designed to, and does not, identify counterfeit currency.
* This application was designed to run on Android Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean devices.
* Bills that are wrinkled, worn, or scanned in poor lighting conditions may take longer to identify, may not be identified, or may be misidentified.
Instructions for use:
* Launch IDEAL Currency Identifier
* Read the start-up banner
* Select, “Do Not Show This Banner Again” or “Show Banner At Start-up.”
* GIVE THE APPLICATION DATABASE 30-45 SECONDS TO LOAD.
* Place your smart phone on top of, in the center of, and in parallel with the bill you wish to identify. Slowly raise the smart phone directly upwards until it speaks the identity of the bill. If this process does not work the first time, please repeat it.