iForest makes of your smartphone an electronic plant book with which you can contemplate, determine, recognize, compare and learn the most important kinds of trees and bushes of Central Europe.
With the purchase of this application, you support the Bergwaldprojekt. 10% of earnings of iForest go directly to the Bergwaldprojekt.
iForest is the App for all plant-interested, nature lovers, forest wardens, gardners, hunters, natural health professionnals and biologists.
The most important characteristics and functions in short terms:
- over 1700 plant pictures of the most important 113 trees and bushes of Central Europe
- 16 pictures per plant (from the seed to the germination, root, trunk, bark, crown, leaf: top and bottom surface, summer and winter branch, wood: horizontal and vertical cuts, flowers: hermaphrodite, female and male till the fruit)
- Search for plants with the text input and indicate
- Profile for each plant with detailed informations to botanical characteristics, wood, location, dangers, forestry, natural health, forest recipes, history etc.
- Select plants with definition characteristics (freely combine according to plant species, type of branch, leaf margin, leaf shape, flower and type of wood).
- Search for plants for various planting locations (freely combine due to lighting conditions, water availability, altitude, temperature, nutrient conditions, pH conditions etc.)
- To put on own plant list (favorites)
- To view pictures of plants (with or without plant names)
- To train and learn plants on the basis their different plant parts
- To indicate a tree horoscope (with data to the Celtic tree circle)
- compare photographs of different plants in iForest
Pictures and texts were made available with the friendly permission of the CODOC. The copyright for these elements remains with CODOC.
Various optimizations and corrections