Dictionaries by Leksyka.pl are being created since 2001 and, as the name suggests, are meant to encompass all vocabulary of a given language. This is the first project of this kind in the world.
**This is a fully functional trial!**
The highest level of professionalism and functionality has been documented by two tests of computer dictionaries performed up to date. In both of them Leksyka won the competition, and was granted the highest appreciation.
CATEGORIES, e.g. medicine, law, technology, economy, dentistry, anatomy, biology, chemistry, botany, zoology and many, many more!
Here's why you should use iLeksyka:
*over 600,000 main entries and more than 1,000,000 translations,
*synonyms and similar entries,
*examples of use make it easier to understand the context,
*over 50 specialty fields developed by specialists: physicians, lawyers, engineers, etc.,
*frequent updates allow enriching the database - new entries are added daily,
*specialist entries are briefly explained,
*separate American and British spelling,
*prompt search for entries while you type,
*bookmarks allowing collecting favorite or especially difficult entries,
*no need to connect to the Internet,
*active links to other entries,
*quiz allowing learning new words and expressions selected by the user
A search tool
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
* A quick search of words while you type
* A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A 'keyword' search for finding key words within phrasal verbs
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
A learning tool
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to expand your vocabulary further:
* A 'Favourites' feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words
* Your last visited words are all saved in your 'History', so that you can quickly look back at recently checked words
* Discover a new word every day with the 'Daily' feature
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the Day as a widget on the device home screen
* See words in context with example sentences
* Online and offline modes supported, the offline mode allows you to download the whole dictionary and work independently from data connections
New Features for version 4.3.104
* Extended trial to 30 days for new users.